Small Business Assistance
Small Business AssistanceFree small business assistance is available for qualified entrepreneurs, businesses, and business start-ups in the state of Illinois. Applications are evaluated on a competitive basis. A team of student specialists provide free services for applications that are accepted.
Types of Services include graphic design (logo, brochure, etc.), marketing communication, social media strategy, basic website design, market survey design, business plan review, pitch presentation review, packaging design, trade show graphics, etc.
Eligibility: Eligible entrepreneurs, start-ups, or businesses must be:
- associated with and referred by an incubator in the Illinois University Incubator Network or an institution of higher education in the following Illinois counties: Coles, Cook, DeKalb, Jackson, Kankakee, Macon, Peoria, Winnebago.
- located south of I-80 in the state of Illinois and referred by an Illinois incubator, Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), University of Illinois Extension Office, or higher education entrepreneurial program.
- A business plan is required with application. (Resources for one-page and simple business plans)
- Put your company name in the field labeled EDA University Company Name.
- Application must include contact information for referring Illinois incubator or organization. Provide this information where the application inquires about university relationship.
- Submit only one application with one deliverable request at a time.
- Subsequent applications may be submitted after successful completion of a project.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee services.
Need help seeking funding for innovation research? Visit here.